Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner and while this isn’t a cocktail blog, what goes better with travel than celebratory cocktails? Nada! So we checked in with a few of our favorite restaurants around New York City for their take on the perfect Cinco de Mayo cocktails! Bottoms up, world travelers! Enjoy these fab drink recipes to get you in the mood this Cinco de Mayo. De Nada!
If you’re hoping to make things a little caliente this Cinco de Mayo mix up the Mulberry Project’s Napoleon III. A spicy and fruity treat, the Napoleon III combines Mirasol Pepper Infused Resposado Tequila, French Cognac, and fruit infused liqueurs to create the perfect drink to celebrate Cinco de Drinko.
- 3/4 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 3/4 oz. Mirasol Pepper Infused Reposado Tequila (Don Julio)
- 3/4 oz. French Cognac (Pierre Ferrand)
- .5 oz. Maraschino Liqueur (Luxardo)
- .5 oz. Orange Liqueur (Combier)
1. Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes
2. Shake well
3. Dip half the rim of a rock glass into sea salt
4. Strain contents over fresh ice, into the glass
5. Garnish with the dehydrated lime wheels
Garnish: Dehydrated Lime Wheels and Alderwood Smocked Sea-salt
Mulberry Project is located at 149 Mulberry Street and you can check out the website here:www.projectgroupnyc.com
Mezcal de Mayo
If you find yourself near Times Square (the horror, I know, but it happens) then head over to KTCHN Restaurant for their Mezcal de Mayo. A light and refreshing combination, the Mezcal de Mayo is comprised of fresh lime and clementine juice, Mezcal vago espadin, and one coffee bean for an extra kick.
2oz. Fresh Clementine juice
1oz. Ginger Puree
1oz. Lime mix
1oz. Simple syrup
1 Coffee bean grinded
2oz. Mezcal vago espadin
1. Dip rim into spicy citrus sugar
2. Shake and strain into a hi-ball glass
3. Garnish with clementine
Garnish: 1 slice clementine
KTCHN Restaurant is located at 508 West 42nd Street and you can check out the website here: www.ktchnnyc.com
Looking to take your margarita to new heights?! High atop The Sanctuary Hotel, you’ll find Haven Rooftop, which serves up spectacular views alongside amazing expertly crafted cocktails. This May 5th treat yourself to their Eclipse Margarita, a tantalizing mixture of Olmeca Altos tequila, Cointreau, ginger, agave and a hint of lime.
- 1oz. Olmeca Altos tequila
- 1/2 oz. Cointreau
- 1/2 oz. Agave
- Tsp. ginger
- Splash of fresh lime juice
1. Dip rim in rock salt.
2. Shake and strain into a high ball glass
Garnish: with lime or orange
Haven Rooftop is located at 132 West 47th Street and you can check out the website here: www.havenrooftop.com